Wellness, balance, healing…..all popular buzz words that sound enticing and are easy get started with the latest craze, but how do we really achieve amidst the reality of our fast-paced world? Here we’ll bring you insight into how find wellbeing and peace for body, mind, and spirit.
Kickstart your metabolism with this powerful (and delicious!) blend. Enjoy it hot in the morning or let it chill overnight for a tasty ginger lemonade.
* 2 cups purified water
* 1 medium turmeric root, grated or 3 tsp turmeric powder
* 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and cut into slices, or 2 tsp ginger powder
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 2–3 black peppercorns, crushed
* 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* Optional: 2 tsp organic raw honey or maple syrup (for the vegan version)
1. Place the water, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and peppercorns in a kettle and bring to boil over medium heat.
2. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat, then strain and set aside to cool.
3. Serve with ice and your sweetener of choice.
Turmeric is a warming spice which increases body heat and can boost your metabolism. It also has natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it’s a natural liver detoxifier, a powerful anti-inflammatory, it can help manage weight, soothe an upset stomach, and it may help protect the brain from degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Ginger boosts turmeric’s benefits, plus helps stimulate your digestive and circulatory systems. It’s a powerful digestive soother, long used for bloating, gas, and nausea.
Cinnamon not only adds a lovely spicy flavor to your turmeric and ginger tea but another layer of healthiness. It helps maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and can even boost your mood.
trends, and specials.